Data Entry Operator
What does a Data Entry Operator do?
A Data Entry Operator compiles and verifies data to ensure accuracy while appropriately formatting it. This includes preparing documents for entry and transcribing from paper formats into computer files using manual entry or scanners.
Data Entry Skills
- Proven data entry work experience, as a Data Entry Operator or Office Clerk
- Experience with MS Office and data programs
- Familiarity with administrative duties
- Experience using office equipment, like fax machine and scanner
- Typing speed and accuracy
- Excellent knowledge of correct spelling, grammar and punctuation
- Attention to detail
- Organization skills, with an ability to stay focused on assigned tasks
- High school diploma; additional computer training or certification will be an asset
What are the duties and responsibilities of a Data Entry Operator?
The duties of a Data Entry Operator include coding information, troubleshooting processing errors and achieving an organization's goals by completing the necessary tasks. They are also responsible for complying with data integrity and security policies, printing and scanning files and generating reports.
What makes a good Data Entry Operator?
A good Data Entry Operator requires strong attention to detail and excellent written and verbal communication skills. They should also have the ability to perform repetitive tasks with a high degree of accuracy in an ever-changing working environment.
Who does a Data Entry Operator work with?
A Data Entry Operator typically works alongside a team of fellow operators in an office setting. In addition, they work closely with various administrative persons such as an Office Clerk.